Saturday 6 April 2013

News: Books, Movies , etc.,

So guys, I haven't done a post like this recently. I don't have cute little button for it either, but I will get on that. I thought you guys might enjoy this post just letting you know some of the new book -move adaptations, other books, other movies and other stuff.



Movies :

A brand new trailer was released for the City Of Bones movie adaptation this week.
Fans are a lot happier with this trailer, as far as I can suss anyways. The Clary represented in this trailer really shows the novel Clary , especially in the scene where her room is covered with drawings and sketches of the angelic Rune.

A Trailer was released for a sequel to one of my all time favourite movies, Kick-Ass!
I am so excited to see Aaron Johnson and Chloe grace Moretz return to their roles, along with other new and cool characters, such as Colonel Stars and Stripes played by Jim Carrey! This is a movie I can not wait to see!

In other news, the role of Hazel Grace in the upcoming book to movie adaptation of John Greens bestseller, The Fault In our Stars, has been cast. The role went to The Secret Life Of The American Teenager star, Shailene Woodly.  It seems John is very happy with the casting.


[This photo shows a possibility of what Shailene may look like in the role, and is not, to my knowledge, an actual press release photo.]











(John Greens Hilarious April fools Prank!)



All you Percy Jackson fans know that a very special trailer was dropped earlier. If you went to the Host Premier then you know what I am talking about! Yes. The Percy Jackson 2: Sea Of Monsters Trailer finally released!
I really liked the trailer. I am so excited to see what they do with the movie and I am crossing my fingers and hoping for the best.

Books: 

Scholastic are to print new cover editions of the Harry Potter series for the anniversary.
Each of the covers will show a special moment from each book on their cover. As you can see above, the moment selected for the first novel is Harrys first trip to Diagon Alley to buy his school supplies with Hagrid. I think these new covers are stunning and I can't wait to see what the other covers look like. These are said to be released in September of this year.

The book publishing company, Harper Collins, have claimed rights to YouTube's Annoying Orange . They are said to be making a series of books, along with a few joke books centering around the Orange. The first of the series, entitled; "Annoying Orange: How To Be Annoying", is said to be released in the Autumn of this year. 

Videos: 

I love watching Booktubers on YouTube and when I seen Theebookmonster's video "Stuff Booktubers Say", I fell about laughing. 

I loved the video and, even though I do not post my reviews online, I could relate to quite a lot of what Liddy was saying in the video. 

Another video I loved recently was Thebooktuber's "How To Read A Rick Riordan Book." I loved this video. If you've read any of Rick Roirdans book, you will probably relate to the things in this video. 





TV :

 This photo was released on Jeanies Instagram. It is of Lena and Hana (Jeanine Mason & Emma Roberts) on the set of the Delirium Tv adaptation. I have not yet read any book by Lauren Oliver but Deliruim is one I have been meaning to read for a long time. The Tv show is said to air sometime in 2014. 
























The above photos were released recently. They show the progress in the 50th Anniversary Special of Doctor Who, which is released on the 23 of November this year. I can not wait to see Matt Smith and David Tenant working together as they are both my favourite regenerations of the Time Lord. Jenna Louise Coleman is also joining them, as is Billie Piper. I can hardly contain my excitement for this event!

Book Trailers: 

I love watching book trailers. They really bring the books synopsis to life and grip you with excitement for the novel. Yet, when they are done badly, they are disastrous. But when they are done well, they are great! Here is some of my favourite book trailers that have surfaced recently!

W.A.R.P : The Reluctant Assassain by Eoin Colfer . 


Book Trailer: Light By Michael Grant. 

Click Here to see the awesome trailer for Taken by Erin Bowman. [Sorry-- there was something wrong with the video so had to post as link!] .


That's all for this post of News. Hope you enjoyed this post, let me know if you did. What are you looking forward to most? Happy reading. !

2 comments:

  1. Great Post, I found out so much from reading it. Happy Blogging, you should read Delirium!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The City of Bones trailer was so awesome! <3 I agree you should read Delirium, it's one of my favourites :) those mock ups of Shailene as Hazel Grace look perfect! I think she looks perfect and being a fan of the books should help it be a really good portrayal. I haven't seen Kick Ass but I've wanted to watch it for a while. Will have to try catch up before the next film comes out!

    Hope you had a great weekend :)

    ReplyDelete