Saturday 2 February 2013

Review: Cherry Crush by Cathy Cassidy

PLOT: 
Cherry Costello's life is about to change forever. She and Dad are moving to Somerset where a new mum and a bunch of brand-new sisters await. 
And on Cherry's first day there her head is turned by the gorgeous Shay Fletcher.But Shay already has a girlfriend, Cherry's new stepsister, Honey. Cherry knows her friendship with Shay is dangerous - it could destroy everything. But that doesn't mean she's going to stay away from him..


My Review: 
My younger sister has been recommending this book to me for ages. I finally got around to reading it this month. 
I love Cathy Cassidy. I've read so many of her books and loved them all. I am pleased to say this novel is not different. The characters that Cathy creates in every novel are very realistic and easy to relate to.
They have faults and that helps the reader to relate and connect with the character over their struggles. Cherry was a brilliant main character. Her interesting, yet sad, past was fascinating to read and learn about. The sisters are all brilliant characters, well apart from one, and I cannot wait to read each of their books. Honey is of course the not so nice sister. She is vile to Cherry from the offset. She is childish, self-centred and spoiled. She tends to over react to situations and lash out. I hope her character becomes more nice in the following novels. 
Cherry's relationship with Shay was also really fun to read about. They really do suit each other and I loved the "cave" scene. 
The plot of the novel was good. It definitely laid a good foundation for the series. I was gripped throughout the novel. I feel the novel is more character driven rather then plot driven. The writing style of Cathy Cassidy is without fault. She creates wonderful setting, characters, conflict and relationships in everyone of her many novels.Although I felt this novel was a little young for me as I think younger readers would greatly enjoy it. 
The only complaint I have about this novel is that usually in a Cathy Cassidy novel there is recipes in the back. I tried to make the "Cherry's Cheeky Cherry and Chocolate Fudge" and it did not turn out at all right even though I followed the recipe exactly. A real pity because I was so looking forward to some fudge when all I got was a gloopy mess. Oh well. 
The only reason I'm not giving this novel 5 stars is because I felt it was more aimed at girls between the ages of 11-15. I do fully recommend the series anyways.


Rating: 
Four Star Novel
* * * * 

[Also check out the Cathy Cassidy Tv Channel on YouTube here for fun vlogs from the Chocolate Box Girls].

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing. I am currently at the begging of this book and felt like I needed nothing more then a great Cathy Cassidy Read. So what better place to start then her popular Chocolate Girl Series. I also have a book blog and I would love it if you could check it out. Happy Reading :)

    - Sunny @ www.asupersunnyspot.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete