Thursday 21 February 2013

Book Review: Titans Curse by Rick Riordan (P.J #3)

Blurb: 

When the goddess Artemis goes missing, she is believed to have been kidnapped. And now it's up to Percy and his friends to find out what happened. Who is powerful enough to kidnap a goddess? They must find Artemis before the winter solstice, when her influence on the Olympian Council could swing an important vote on the war with the titans. Not only that, but first Percy will have to solve the mystery of a rare monster that Artemis was hunting when she disappeared—a monster rumored to be so powerful it could destroy Olympus forever.









So this is the third book in the Percy Jackson series and guys, It just got real! 
So in this book a lot of new characters were introduced to us. We have the Di angelo siblings;  Bianca and Nico, we also have Thalia (the girl who used to be a tree) and Zoe Nightshade. Lets start with the Di Angelo siblings.
I really liked Nico, I felt he was the cute-younger-brother type with his nerdy card games and action figures. Then we have Bianaca. I did not like her at all. I couldn't get over the fact that she would leave her brother to join an anti-men group of warriors. I mean why? She just left her brother with the campers, who to him are complete strangers, in order to go off and do her own thing. As an older sister, I can honestly say that when she betrayed her brother that way, I knew I was not going to like her at all. And then when they were in Apollo's Parking lot and the rule was to not take anything..She took something! I was like "Is there no end to your stupidity?!".  


There was some really interesting conflict between Thalia and Zoe. Thalia is a character I really do no like. I felt like she was replacing Annabeth in this novel, trying and failing. I find her to be very selfish as she thinks she is the best and most favourable of all the demigods at Camp Half Blood. At some points in the novel, like when she decided she was going on the quest, I wanted to shout at her "THALIA, THIS IS PERCY'S MISSION. YOU CAN EITHER SIT DOWN AND LET PERCY HANDLE IT OR GET BACK IN YOUR FRIGGIN' TREE!!!" .


I loved Grover in this book. I always love Grover. I thought it was so funny when he was drinking all the espresso because he thought that would help him to find pan. I really hope he finds Pan soon because I feel so sorry for him with his search. Gosh I missed Annabeth in this book. I hope she never leaves again!

I loved meeting the Gods in this book like Ares, Apollo, Aphrodite, Artemis and Atlas...huh they all begin with "A" weird ! 

A character I absolutely loved in this novel was Rachel Dare. Percy runs into her in the novel and she helps him escape from some bad guys. She was so sarcastic towards Percy when he asked her if she could see RipTide and she was basically like "Yes I see the ginormous sword!". She was so funny and I felt she was like a Percy Jackson fan in the book! I hope to see more of her in the novels because her characters scene was so enjoyable to read!

The huge twist at the end of this book was so amazing.  I did not see it coming at all. It was such amazing writing in this book but at times I felt the plot lag a little, I think it may have to do with Percabeth  being split up but I didn't enjoy this book enough for a Five star rating. I feel the series has taken a turn for the serious after this novel and I can't wait to read the rest of the series! 



No comments:

Post a Comment