Sunday 26 August 2012

Max by James Patterson

Max by James Patterson

Pages: 309

SYNOPSIS:
Maximum Ride and the other members of the flock have barely recovered from their last Arctic adventure, when they are confronted by the most frightening catastrophe yet. Millions of fish are dying off the coast of Hawaii and someone--or something--is destroying hundreds of ships. Unable to discover the cause, the government enlists the flock to help them get to the bottom of the disaster before it is too late.

While Max and her team are exploring the depths of the ocean, their every move is being carefully tracked by Mr. Chu--a criminal mastermind with his own plans for the flock. Can they protect themselves from Mr. Chu's army of mercenaries and save the ocean from utter destruction?


My Review:
I can thankfully say that I enjoyed this one heaps more than the previous novel in the series, The Final Warning. This book was really good. The character development in this novel was excellent. I liked seeing the development of not only the main protagonists but also the side characters too. The acceptance of the kids by the Adults on the boat is a large milestone in there lives. I could really feel Max's anxiety and claustrophobia while inside the boat. She hated being confined in the small submarine and boat. The way Patterson writes from Max's perspective so easily that I often forget that a man is writing from the perspective of a teenage girl!
Angels power development was awesome! I was not expecting that at all, though now that I think about it the cover is a bit of a give-away! The new power development for the flock was very entertaining. I can't wait to see if they develop / mutate more throughout the series. Angel was sort of annoying me in this novel. I sometimes forget that she is so young, especially when she is going off on one of her "I want to be flock leader" rants... She's starting to scare me.
The relationship development between Fang & Max was awesome. They could finally act like a real teenage couple. It was beautiful and I felt so relieved for Fang that Max could finally make up her mind and admit that she loved Fang. I can't wait to see what twists and turns Patterson has planned for the next novel Fang. (It should be excellent, since Fang is my favourite Character!)
Patterson, you have done it again- written a perfect novel that keeps the reader gripped to the novel until the end.

RATING:
4.5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment