Saturday 14 July 2012

Wicked Lovely by Mellissa Marr

Wicked Lovely by Mellissa Marr

PAGES: 328
TIME TO READ:  3 Days

SYNOPSIS:
Rule #3: Don't stare at invisible faeries.
Aislinn has always seen faeries. Powerful and dangerous, they walk hidden in the mortal world. Aislinn fears their cruelty - especially if they learn of her Sight - and wishes she were as blind to their presence as other teens. Rule #2: Don't speak to invisible faeries.
Now faeries are stalking her. One of them, Keenan, who is equal parts terrifying and alluring, is trying to talk to her, asking questions Aislinn is afraid to answer.
Rule #1: Don't ever attract their attention.
But it's too late. Keenan is the Summer King, who has sought his queen for nine centuries. Without her, summer itself will perish. He is determined that Aislinn will become the Summer Queen at any cost — regardless of her plans or desires.
Suddenly none of the rules that have kept Aislinn safe are working anymore, and everything is on the line: her freedom; her best friend, Seth; her life; everything.


MY REVIEW:
CHARACTERS: 5/5
I loved the characters of this book!.
Aislinn was a really good main character. She was realistic, normal, laid-back and entertaining. I loved her personality and her reactions to situations. I liked the love triangle in this book, it was different and entertaining.
Keenan was awesome. I loved his character although I found him very self obsessed and selfish at times. I loved the whole Faerie world and their world's interaction with the human world. I loved reading about the dark and good side of the faerie world.
Seth! Seth was awesome. He is sweet, caring, kind and gorgeous. He really has Aislinn's best interests at heart and cares deeply for her. Loved his character and his relationship with Aislinn.

PLOT: 4/5
The plot was really gripping. I loved the unique plot line and the very unique characters. I loved the unique take on the Faerie world and the Iron thing was just awesome! I loved the realistic-ness of the plot. The book was fast paced and action packed. I loved the plot twists and turns and the book had me guessing until the end!

WRITING STYLE: 4/5
I really liked Mellissa Marr's writing style. The book was fast paced and kept you wanting more. The character and world building was awesome. The world and the characters become so familiar and are so interesting to read about. The dialogue was really good for character development and helped connect with the Characters in the book

OVERALL RATING: 13/15
a five star book
* * * *  *
(One of my fave's)

No comments:

Post a Comment