Friday 6 July 2012

Review: Paper Towns by John Green

Paper Towns by John Green.

PAGES:  305 pg's
TIME TO READ: 4 Days

SYNOPSIS:
When Margo Roth Spiegelman beckons Quentin Jacobsen in the middle of the night - dressed like a ninja and plotting an ingenious campaign of revenge - he follows her. Margo's always planned extravagantly, and, until now, she's always planned solo. After a lifetime of loving Margo from afar, things are finally looking up for Q . . . until day breaks and she has vanished. Always an enigma, Margo has now become a mystery. But there are clues. And they're for Q.

MY REVIEW:

Q! I loved Quentin's character, partly because I have never heard anyone called Quentin or Q before ! He was such a sweet, kind character. I loved his appetite for the mystery of Margo . I also his loyalty towards his friends. I felt very connected to this character.

Margo. I felt so-so about her character. I loved her in the beginning, I felt she was so dramatic and fun but then in the end I felt disappointed by her character.

I also liked Radar and Ben , They were great friends to Q in helping him find Margo. Loved These Characters were great.


I loved the Plot of this book, The constant what happened to Margo? Who was she really? Why did she hide her true self from everyone she cared about? The mystery element was awesome, fast-paced and thrilling. The plot was very gripping, I could not put down this book , even though I had schoolwork to catch up on .

John Green's writing in this book is phenomenal. I loved the mystery element in this book which he wrote with such ease. I liked how it was a very mysterious and philosophical read.  Green has a way of saying things that are both funny and meaningful, sort of poetic, For Example;


"That's always seemed so ridiculous to me, that people want to be around someone because they're pretty. It's like picking your breakfast cereals based on colour instead of taste."
If this novel was anything to go by, I cannot wait to read another John Green book .

Rating: 

A four star book

* * * *

No comments:

Post a Comment