Thursday 5 July 2012

City Of Ashes by Cassandra Clare



Blurb: 

Clary Fray just wishes that her life would go back to normal. But what's normal when you're a demon-slaying Shadowhunter, your mother is in a magically induced coma, and you can suddenly see Downworlders like werewolves, vampires, and faeries? If Clary left the world of the Shadowhunters behind, it would mean more time with her best friend, Simon, who's becoming more than a friend. But the Shadowhunting world isn't ready to let her go — especially her handsome, infuriating, new found brother, Jace. And Clary's only chance to help her mother is to track down rogue Shadowhunter Valentine, who is probably insane, certainly evil — and also her father.To complicate matters, someone in New York City is murdering Downworlder children. Is Valentine behind the killings — and if he is, what is he trying to do? When the second of the Mortal Instruments, the Soul-Sword, is stolen, the terrifying Inquisitor arrives to investigate and zooms right in on Jace. How can Clary stop Valentine if Jace is willing to betray everything he believes in to help their father?


As always Jace and Clary, I ship them hard! I love them together, they just fit and are amazing! The twist at the end of the first book made me rush out for this one, I just could not wait to find out what was going to happen next. Jace and Clary, one of my favourite couples of the series.

Speaking of favourite couple, Magnus Bane and Alec. I love them together. It's sad the way Alec is sort of embarrassed to "come-out" to his family, its like he can't show them the real him. Magnus is such a Flamboyant and crazy character but you really see his soft side when he is with Alec.

Simon, wow . He really changes in this book , in more ways than one if you have read the book! He goes from being the wimpy guy who plays video games all day and is in love with his best friend to a more confident,  stronger character, who has feelings for his best friend. I liked his character more in this book than the last. (p.s who didn't love this little love triangle?!)



New characters I hated were The Inquisitor , Valentine and The Seelie Court Queen .


In the beginning of the book, I felt that it was very boring. It took me a long time to get into it and because I had a lot of school work to get through, I couldn't get to read as often as I might have if it was more gripping.

But when the plot did pick up a little more, I found it interesting and action packed and just all around awesome. The mortal instruments series may be shaping up to be one of my favourite series . I Love the whole love triangle, bad-ass action scenes and the saving the world parts of this book . Can't wait to see what happens next!


I love Cassandra Clare's writing style and before I am killed for not giving five , I am only removing one mark because of the slow start of the beginning . It could have been better.

Later in the book, I found Clare's writing to be insanely addicting and made this book a page turner. I like her vivid description skills, her world and character building are so developed , that you feel you know the characters, their likes and dislikes etc,. 

Overall a really good book, I hope to pick up the next in the series very soon.



No comments:

Post a Comment